STAT!Ref recently uploaded all supplemental chapters to APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource!!
Beyond the 13 core Textbook Chapters, APLS also includes 13 Supplemental Chapters:
- 14 Pediatric Advanced Life Support Essentials
- 15 Emergency Department and Office Preparedness for Pediatric Emergencies
- 16 Metabolic Diseases
- 17 Environmental Emergencies
- 18 Toxicology
- 19 Interface With Emergency Medical Services
- 20 Disaster Management
- 21 Preparedness for Acts of Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Terrorism
- 22 Primary Care Orthopedic Issues
- 23 Medical-Legal Considerations
- 24 Imaging Decision-Making Strategies and Considerations
- 25 Office Procedures
- 26 Critical Procedures
- Appendix: Check Your Knowledge Answers (Chapters 14-26)
APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource offers emergency physicians, pediatricians, nurses, paramedics, and other allied health professionals the advanced knowledge and skills necessary to assess and manage critically ill or injured children during the first hours in the emergency department or office-based setting.
Developed by expert authors, editors, and faculty from both the AAP and ACEP, APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource is an inclusive teaching and learning system for healthcare providers. Each chapter is case based and covers the key elements of assessment, diagnosis, testing, treatment, and disposition.
New Features of the APLS, Fifth Edition:
- Meets 2010 CPR and ECC Guidelines
- Enhanced case scenarios
- Improved full-color photographs and illustrations
- Focused office-based setting emergencies