Recently added to our growing STAT!Ref Nursing collection are two new editions for NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification and Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing.
NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA-I. The 2015–2017 edition of the classic and internationally recognized text has been rigorously updated and revised, and now provides more linguistically congruent diagnoses as a result of the Diagnostic Development Committee’s attentiveness to understanding the translation of the diagnostic label, definition, defining characteristics, related factors, and risk factors.
Each of the 235 diagnoses presented are supported by definitions as well as defining characteristics and related factors, or risk factors. Each new and revised diagnosis is based on the latest global evidence, and approved by expert nurse diagnosticians, researchers, and educators.
New to this edition:
- 26 brand new nursing diagnoses and 13 revised diagnoses
- Updates, changes, and revision to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, in particular the Health Promotion and Risk Diagnoses
- A standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, and risk factors) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians
- All introductory chapters are written at an undergraduate nursing level, and provide critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside
- A new chapter, focusing on Frequently Asked Questions, representing the most common questions received through the NANDA-I website, and at global conferences
- Five nursing diagnoses have been re-slotted within the NANDA-I taxonomy, following a review of the current taxonomic structure
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms is now available for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Companion website featuring references from the book, video presentations, teaching tips, and links to taxonomy history and diagnosis submission/review process description
Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing is written for a broad audience, ranging from nursing students to advanced practice nurses, and includes useful information for those in other disciplines, such as chaplains, social workers, and psychologist or counselors. The editors, both experts in the field, have done an exceptional job of recruiting chapter authors who are specialists in palliative nursing.
This resource is the key resource for nurses working in the field of palliative care. Edited by renowned nursing experts, and written by a dynamic team of internationally known authorities in nursing and palliative medicine, the Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing covers the gamut of principles of care from the time of initial diagnosis of a terminal disease to the end of a patient's life and beyond. The text is distinctively developed to highlight the nurse's vital role as part of an integrated palliative care team.
Various care settings are discussed including the hospital, ICU, home care, and hospice. Chapters focus on the practical aspects of nursing care, including symptom assessment, patient teaching, family support, psychosocial aspects of palliation, and spiritual care.
New to the fourth edition are chapters on the National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care Guidelines, palliative care of veterans, palliative care in rural settings, disaster situations, palliative care in Eastern Europe, and palliative care in the Philippines.
Each chapter includes case examples and a strong evidence base to support the highest quality of care. Highlights the nurse's vital role as part of an integrated palliative care team.
Purchasers will want to bundle these resource with The 5-Minute Clinical Consult, ACP Smart Medicine (SM), Journal Club & AHFS DI® Essentials™, AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice, and Essential Evidence Plus™ & AHFS DI® Essentials™.