BoardVitals, newly available from STAT!Ref, now offers a completely unique question bank for Surgical Technology. Included are 2,000 questions specifically targeted to the Surgical Technology Exams, the CSFA and CST Exams. BoardVitals questions come from the Lange Q&A Surgical Technology book as well and additional questions that are specific "must-knows" for the exam.
- 2,000 Questions
- Completely online question bank – no downloads, and compatible with any device
- All questions include answers and explanations
- Timed mode and review mode available
- Individualized question recommendations based on performance
Surgical Technology Careers and Study Guides
Surgical Technology is a great career that’s growing fast, over 30% the next ten years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The median pay is $42,000 annually. For those that do it, it’s a really rewarding career helping others.
In general, it’s a low paperwork job with a significant amount of time in the operating room. Once students pass the exam, there are significant opportunities. But, the test is a significant milestone. Many (but not all) positions require a technical certification.
Surgical Technology Exam Content
Here is the breakdown of questions of questions according to topic based on what is seen on the exam:
- Pre-Operative Preparation - 29
- Intra-Operative Procedures - 66
- Post-Operative Procedures - 10
- Administrative & Personnel - 10
- Equipment Sterilization & Maintenance - 10
- Anatomy & Physiology - 30
- Microbiology - 10
- Surgical Pharmacology - 10
Intra-operative procedures are an important part of the exam, and users will find that the BoardVitals question bank focuses heavily on this subject area. The exam is computer based, and the BoardVitals format follows this very closely. Test takers can change their answers, skip questions, and mark questions for review in both the BoardVitals platform as well as actual exam conditions. Board Vitals is an excellent resource for CSFA questions and CST questions.
For more information about this new resource, or to schedule a demonstration webinar or free trial, contact a STAT!Ref Team Member here or by calling 800-901-5494.